National Effort Partnered with ReverbNation
Agoura Hills, Calif. (March 26, 2012) - The Fender Music Foundation is hosting its first online benefit concert “Save Music Education” on Stageit, in partnership with ReverbNation. The virtual event will take place on Thursday, April 26, between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Proceeds to The Fender Music Foundation will support the organization’s mission to provide musical instruments to music programs in need across the United States. Both signed and unsigned musicians are invited to participate to receive exposure and prizes (including a year’s supply of Heineken) in appreciation for their support of music education.
“Helping artists succeed in making and sharing great music is the core of everything we do,” said ReverbNation President and Co-founder Jed Carlson. “It just makes sense that we extend that support and enthusiasm into the world of music education. That’s why we’re thrilled to be working with The Fender Music Foundation on this effort. The future of music depends on nurturing the creativity and talent of our youth.”
All musicians are invited to participate by coordinating their own online concert, which can be an acoustic performance, a private rehearsal a live show, or even a Q&A with fans. (The musician will need access to their own webcam, computer and Internet connection to participate.) They will sell tickets for at least $5 each to their show and collect additional funds for music education with Stageit’s tip jar feature; this feature allows users to show their support at any time during the show. Artists who have previously graced this online stage include Jason Mraz, Trey Songz, Jimmy Buffett, Indigo Girls, Butch Walker, KORN and Plain White T’s.
“Stageit is a platform created by artists for artists, and what better way to present that concept than by partnering with a great organization such as The Fender Music Foundation to assist with saving music education programs,” said John Meadows, Business Development and Production at Stageit.
Why participate? Perks for artists include, but not limited to:
- Participating musicians will receive exposure to over 3 million people through the reach of the participating brands.
- ReverbNation is hosting a contest to spotlight 10 participating musicians who will receive additional marketing and PR of their online concerts during “Save Music Education” on ReverbNation.com. Direct link: http://bit.ly/zpyVD5
- Musicians with a minimum of 20,000 Facebook or Twitter followers will additionally be considered for a homepage feature on Stageit on April 26.
- The musician(s) to raise the most funds for The Fender Music Foundation will receive a Blue Microphones Yeti microphone and a year’s supply of Heineken beer*, a special feature and mention on the Fender Music Foundation’s website and social media platforms.
How to sign-up?
- Interested musicians can sign up on www.stageit.com by naming their performance “Fender Music Foundation Charity Event.”
- After signing up on Stageit, musicians can sell virtual tickets immediately using the Stageit ticketing feature.
- Suggested ticket price is $5 USD.
- Artists can also enter the contest on ReverbNation to receive additional marketing benefits and exposure by clicking here: http://bit.ly/zpyVD5.
- Artists with a large social media following can email email@example.com to be considered for a home page feature on Stageit during the online benefit concert.
“Stageit is a platform created by artists for artists, and what better way to present that concept than by partnering with a great organization such as The Fender Music Foundation to assist with saving music education programs,” said John Meadows, Business Development and Production at Stageit. “With this event being the beginning of hopefully many in the future, we may be able to affect both kids with a casual interest in music and one of tomorrow’s potential stars.” Interested musicians can sign up on ReverbNation at http://bit.ly/zpyVD5 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, when naming their show on Stageit, they can participate by naming their performance “Fender Music Foundation Charity Event.”
*365 beers for participants who are over 21 years of age
and are not signed with a major label.
Stageit is an exciting new platform in the online music space that allows established artists as well as undiscovered talent an equal ability to tour the world and interacting with fans from anywhere Internet access is available (bedroom, tour bus, hotel room, backstage, onstage), all while making money. Created for artists by artists, Stageit gives fans a ‘front row seat’ to a backstage experience that until now has only been available in physical settings.
ReverbNation provides over 2.1 million artists, managers, labels, venues, festivals/events and other music industry professionals with powerful, easy-to-use technology to promote and prosper online. Their wide array of distribution and promotional solutions provide the hands-on tools and actionable insights that allow them to reach their goals in an increasingly complex music industry. The company operates worldwide with customers on every continent. Over 30 million visitors come to ReverbNation.com every month. For more information, please visit ReverbNation.com and follow ReverbNation on Twitter.