San Luis Obispo, CA- (August 1, 2012) Chamisal Vineyards, a proud supporter of The Fender Music Foundation (FMF), a charity dedicated to providing resources to music programs across the country, is launching two campaigns to support the organization. Both campaigns were created to support the foundation both financially and with awareness.
From August to October 2012, a portion of the sales of Chamisal Vineyard wines at retail and in fine restaurants will assist the FMF in awarding grants to a variety of music programs for both children and adults, including music therapy programs, school-based programs, and independent after-school music training. Chamisal Vineyards’ donation will also help the FMF give more individuals equal access to a musical education.
From August 1 through November 1, Chamisal Vineyards will host a giveaway contest, for which the winning entrant will receive a set of OK Go memorabilia, including a Gretsch® guitar used in the band’s most recent “Needing/Getting” music video. There are two ways to enter the giveaway:
- By donating at least $10 to The Fender Music Foundation on their site http://www.fendermusicfoundation.org/. Each increment of $10 will offer the entrant another chance to win.
- By answering the question “What song do you like to listen to while drinking Chamisal Wine?” through the submission form on the Chamisal Facebook page.
- Cherry colored Gretsch Electromatic® G5103 CVT III guitar used in the OK Go’s viral “Needing/Getting” music video, signed by the entire band
- A certificate of authenticity signed by each OK Go band member
- 50 G5222 Electromatic® amp used in the video
- Fender® guitar cord used in the video
- Music video set photo
About The Fender Music Foundation — The Fender Music Foundation was created with the belief that music participation is an “essential element in the fabric of an enduring society.” It has made a commitment to supporting music education since 2005, providing assistance at a time when existing programs could use the much-needed boost. Through media initiatives and collaborations with other music-based organizations throughout the country, the FMF has reached over 150,000 people to date. Visit www.fendermusicfoundation.org to learn more about supporting the cause.
About Chamisal Vineyards — Planted in 1972, Chamisal is the oldest existing vineyard in the Edna Valley appellation of California’s Central Coast located half-way between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Chamisal Vineyards Winery currently produces handcrafted, sustainably grown Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Syrah, Grenache and Pinot Gris. Its 80 acre estate with 25 clones of 5 varietals gives winemaker Fintan du Fresne’s a broad palette with which to create complex, harmonious flavor profiles.For more information on Chamisal Vineyards, please visit www.chamisalvineyards.com. For media inquiries, images and interviews please contact Skye Morgan of Charles Communications Associates at 415-701-9463 or firstname.lastname@example.org