Location: Agoura Hills, CA
About FMF: The Fender Music Foundation is a nonprofit organization created to provide resources for music programs across the country so that kids and adults alike will have an opportunity to experience the joys of music.
Our team is passionate about music education, so we show our support for the cause by holding our work, in whatever we do, to a standard of excellence. We have cultivated a professional environment where critical thinking, personal development and creative problem solving are the norm. Most of all, we work to touch the lives of people whose need to make music might be enhanced or enabled through our efforts. Come join a dynamic organization, doing important work!
Position summary: The Fender Music Foundation is seeking a bright, organized and focused full-time employee for the position of Executive Assistant for our headquarters in Agoura Hills, CA. This is a supportive role in the organization that involves bookkeeping, managing the office and assisting the Executive Director.
Please note, this position is offered by The Fender Music Foundation, a public nonprofit organization, not Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- Bookkeeping with Quickbooks
- Administrative tasks
- Customer service
- Working closely with CPAs or auditors during a review or audit
- Producing accurate and relevant reports and data from Quickbooks
- Data management regarding grants, mailing lists, and intern assignments
- Writing press releases, project summaries and articles
- Attending meetings, as needed
- Overseeing an office of 6 to 9 (tracking supplies, ensuring safety standards are met, etc.)
- Supervising and scheduling volunteers
- Proficient in nonprofit accounting and Quickbooks;
- Determination to complete work in a systematic way with transparency and precision;
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, communications or related field;
- A candidate would be a good fit if he or she enjoys working independently, takes the initiative to solve problems, has a strong attention to detail, and can handle multiple high-priority projects.
- At least one year of experience working in an office environment;
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Musical instrument knowledge
- Volunteer management
- Social media, e-commerce and/or online advertising
- Website development and/or graphic design
UPDATE: Position Filled.